Monday, November 7, 2016

Reading Notes: Epified Krishna, Part B

Hello World!!

I am still enjoying the Krishna epified stories. I find them very interesting especially since, like I have said before, they are stories that we have not yet read in class. I find Krishna's mischievous acts comedic and his innocent naughtiness endearing. I really like the idea that within the Indian culture they have such a variety of gods. From Hanuman to Krishna, I find that I am genuinely pleased with how each of the Gods has their own aura and personality. It is incredible that they have the ability to differentiate each God so easily by nature.

The thing that intrigued me most about Krishna was the love story of Radha and Krishna. It is a story that all Bollywood films, or really any Indian romantic story has taken inspiration from. I really enjoyed the story of Radha. I liked how they chose to challenge Radha's love and Krishna felt her pain while she felt nothing. I thought it was sweet how she was completely devoted to Krishna and could see no other. I think that shows how love can be so pure.

I also really like how Krishna is shown as down to earth. He finds it so easy to share his food or simply be an equal to those around him without any qualms. He is such an incredible character. He his humble, loving, and caring.

 
Lord Krishna, Source: SantaBanta

All the above information can be found at this link: Reading Guide for Epified Krishna
 

No comments:

Post a Comment