Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Reading Notes: Epified 7 Secrets from the Hindu Calendar, Part A

Hello World!!

I am still watching the "7 Secrets from the Hindu Calendar" on epified. I am curious to see what I think about this video section. I might end up choosing a different reading for next week, since I am prone to changing my mind often, but I still wanted to give this one a try. So far I find it somewhat interesting. It seems to be very informative, however, I am not sure exactly how long I would like to watch these videos. (On a side note the election was last night.... I am upset that the candidate I chose to vote for did not win, and that is all I feel best to say on the matter. Feel free to leave your comments if you would like to do so.)

For this specific reading the information was based on the Hindu deity Ganesha. From the knowledge that I have, I know that he is the one God who allows much leniency. I was once told that if you wanted to add a baseball cap to Ganesha, assuming that you enjoy baseball, you could do so and not offend anyone. I am not 100% sure about this information, but I do know that this is what I was told as a child. Please do correct me if I am wrong! 

Ganesha, Source: A2ua
I enjoyed the story of Bahucharas. I found it incredibly interesting. I thought that the concept itself of a hijra was interesting. I have seen them roaming the streets back home when I go to visit, but I never knew that there way a story or importance of them to such an immense degree.  I like that they talked about 2 versions of the story. I enjoyed the version about the young girl turning the thief into a hijra after he attempted to molest her. I feel that was a valid punishment right? I am curious as to why this is deemed more as a punishment as anything else.

  All the above information can be found at this link:Epified 7 Secrets from the Hindu Calendar Reading Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment