Monday, November 14, 2016

Reading Notes: Epified 7 Secrets from the Hindu Calendar, Part B

Hello World!!

This week's reading was over Narayan. I thought it was really interesting! I especially liked the part about discussing about how Hindu's don't have an urgency in this life because they believe that they will have many other lives unlike Christians and Muslims according to the videos. I have mentioned before on my blog that I really like looking up stories about Naags or Naagins because they are incredibly interesting and often enough I stumble upon one that is named Shesha. I finally know the origin of that name. I did not realize that was the serpent on whom Narayan was sleeping. I love that connection. I think it would be really interesting to write a story about a Naagin and her revenge! I find the entire concept of them truly fascinating and I can't wait to learn more about them. 

Narayan, Source: YouTube


I really enjoyed the story about the revelation of the Bhaghvad-Gita. I have never really learned about these things in that much detail so the story was very enticing to me. I thought it was really unique that he, "sang God's song" I never imagined that the holy book had been revealed in that manner. Most stories that you hear have the revelations being heard or spoken but this one was sung. Is it recited in the same manner? In song? I think it would be interesting to do some research on it and find out the details. 

All in all, I enjoyed the videos, or reading, for today and I can't wait to gather more information on the things that I am curious about. I hope that I get to learn more and more about this beautiful culture! Thanks for introducing it to me!

 All the above information can be found at this link:Epified 7 Secrets from the Hindu Calendar Reading Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment