Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Reading Notes: Epified 7 Secrets from the Hindu Calendar, Part C

Hello World!!

 In today's reading, or viewing, specifics on Hindu ideas and values about their religion were discussed. I really enjoyed learning about the differences between males and females in Hinduism. I like that aside from being different they still are equally important, and one is not given superiority over the other. I especially enjoyed the following quote: 

"The male trinity is associated with verbs: creating, sustaining, destroying. The female trinity, on the other hand, is associated with nouns: knowledge, wealth, power. Wealth, knowledge, and power can be created, sustained, or destroyed."

This quote from the video clearly states the differences between the two trinities. The video then went on to discuss the different variations such as Maya, Ardhanari, Shiva, etc. Each of these was equated with a meaning and a detailed explanation. I was not aware that there was so much unique variation involved in Hinduism. They have managed to give each one the deserved homage and reverence which is endearing. Each one has its own place and importance in the faith. 

Shiva and Parvati, Source: Karma Kanda Puja Vidhi
I really enjoyed the story about Shiva and Parvati. I liked the one better where the two merged into one. I think that makes them very unique, although Parvati's jealousy surprises me. I believe that trust works both ways, and there is a certain amount of trust simply expected between two people. She did sit in his lap to keep it from happening though so she could have also simply been immensely offended.
  
All the above information can be found at this link:Epified 7 Secrets from the Hindu Calendar Reading Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment